Friday, April 23, 2010

Be Doers of the Word: James 1:22

This week, in my study time, God has really been speaking to me about some areas in my life. One of the prayers that I have is that I never cease to allow the Word of God to affect, convict, sharpen, teach, and apply to me first, ever before I begin to teach it to people. I pray that I would not merely read the word and get a couple of great points, but that I would follow what the Word is saying.

This will be the measuring stick by which we can measure whether or not we are growing in the Lord. Are we applying His word to our lives? Are we allowing the word of God to invade and change our lives? When we listen to preachers and teachers, are we sitting there desiring to take truth away and apply it to our lives? Are we formulating our opinions, experiences, and beliefs on the conclusion we have arrived at, or are we formulating them based upon what the word of God has to say.

Therefore, if one of the ways we, as believers, can please God is by doing what the word says; how are we doing? Remember, if we are not in the word, we cannot do what it says. If we are not listening to the word we cannot do what it says. If we are not studying the word, we cannot do what it says. Will we commit to reading, studying, and listening to the word of God so that we can DO the word of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment