Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Appealing

I just finished watching the demo video for the ipad device that apple has just came out with. I have to say that it is a pretty amazing gadget. After watching that video, it made me want to go out and buy one. I thought I could have the apple trinity if I bought an iphone, ipad, and my imac. If that happened I figured I would be really technologically spiritual. But, then again, probably not.

What I thought after watching that video, is; after looking at us (Christians/The Church) do people want what we have? Are our lives so appealing that people want to stop what they are doing and come check out what we do. As apple continues to try and outperform other technology companies and even outperform their last device, do we try and get better. Are we growing? Are we maturing? Are we becoming more like our Savior. Are we trying to perfect our mission statement? It seems that if our churches and lives were technology, we would still be living in the stone age.

What if our Christian lives were like 21st Century technology. What if we continued to grow our spiritual lives rapidly? What if we surrendered more to Jesus sooner? What if we grew faster in our intellect and knowledge of the faith, in order to articulate it and defend it? I believe we would catch the eyes of people who are searching, just like the ipad caught my attention this morning. When people begin to see Jesus in action and they hear the Gospel of Jesus, many will respond and place their faith in this Jesus.

The question we have to ask is: Is my life (actions, words, and lifestyle) different than those around me? Is the way I love my family appealing? Is the way I order my finances appealing? Is the way I serve people appealing? Is my words full of grace and season with salt? Is my compassion and mercy appealing? Is the way I love my friends as well as my enemies and strangers appealing? Is the way I understand my life and the universe and the purpose appealing?

No comments:

Post a Comment