Thursday, February 11, 2010

Complaining Less: Numbers 11:

God has rescued Israel from the hand of the Egyptians. He has brought them out and gave them both water and manna miraculously. And here is what Numbers 11:1,4 says, "And the people complained in the hearing of the Lord about their misfortunes, and when the Lord heart it, His anger was kindled...Oh that we had meat to eat! We remember the fish we ate in Egypt that cost nothing, the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic."

How do we treat the Lord, our Savior? Do we complain or praise? Do we grumble or adore? Do we lament or do we thank? Do we throw a pity party or a faith party? Do we yearn for what we don't have but did have or do we cherish what we currently have? These are questions we need to ask ourselves. Paul gives us some insight on the type of attitude and perception we should have in Philippians 4:11-13,

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought ow, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Too bad Israel did not have this part of Scripture yet, maybe they would not have complained which eventually lead some of them to die from a plague God sent. Moral of that story, don't complain to God, because He really cannot stand His children's whining and complaining. What parent does?

What we need to realize that if we don't get one more good thing while on this earth, God has already given us enough in sending His Son for our salvation! Also, we need to realize that since we are His children and He has invested so much in us, that we need not fret or complain, but trust that what we are going through or experiencing is truly in the hands of God. He will not bring upon us anything we will not be able to endure or bear without Him. So for us to complain and grumble for more of what we want, not necessarily need, is arrogant, prideful, selfish, and sinful in the eyes of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment