Thursday, February 4, 2010

Such is the Generation

As I sat down I begin to reflect on last night at church where we launched off our Wednesday night Student Ministry. To be quite honest I really had no expectations. I really did not know how it would go. After last night my heart is even more burdened for the students of this area. Most are completely numb to the things of God and even irreverent. Now I know, students will be students. My philosophy is life, even when I was a students was; there is a time to play and have fun, and there is a time to be serious. God desires to be worshipped! Not just by adults, but, by students and even children. I truly believe that when God gets a grip on the heart of a student, you better watch out! Throughout Scripture God has taken the young and done amazing and awesome things through them.

As I reflected, I was immediately drawn to Psalm 24. The psalmists asks, "Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in His holy place?" He then precedes to answer his own question: "He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully." After having answered and shared with reader what that person who ascends the hill of the Lord will receive, he issues up this statement, "Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob."

Here is my desire for the students of this generation; that they will be such a generation! They will be a generation that will seek the face of God. I want them to be a generation that will ascend the to the presence of God with clean hands and a pure heart. Truth is what I want in their hearts and on their lips. Purity is the necklace and bracelet I want them to wear. Godliness and Holiness is what I want them to dress in. Purpose is what I want them to see when they look in the mirror. I would love to be part of grooming a generation of warriors for God. Listen to me: If we don't groom warriors, we will groom paupers who will bow down at postmodernism, atheism, agnosticism, and liberalism. Think about what our churches will look like then.

I am calling adults, with or without students, to become serious about reaching this generation. Pouring their lives into students that we might groom an army of warriors for Jesus Christ to combat the forces of intellectualism, liberalism, evolutionism, agnosticism, and paganism. The future of the American Church and Missions will be in their hand. It is our duty to prepare their hands.

"Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully. He will receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob." (selah)
Ps 24:3-6

1 comment: