In other words, if you are a believer today, you are connected to the line of Abraham by faith. You are a child of Abraham. Pretty cool. Look at what Romans 15:8-12 says,
"For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs, and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, 'Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name.' And again it is said, 'Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people.' And again, 'Praise the Lord, all your Gentiles, and let all the peoples extol him.' And again Isaiah says, 'The root of Jesse will come, even he who arises to rule the Gentiles; in him will the Gentiles hope.'"
God's heartbeat and Mission has always been to reach outside the nation of Israel. Israel was to be God's ambassador, His missionary. Yet they neglected the mission of God. In my own life I pray that this would not be me. I pray that I would not neglect the mission of God, but I would choose to embrace it with all my heart. I pray that I would not be selfish, but I would die to myself, every single day. Father, inject the boldness in my veins through the Holy Spirit that I might live out Your mission in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment