Monday, March 15, 2010

The Way to Go: Deut 34

Here we have the account of Moses' death. God brings Moses on the mountain and lets him get a glimpse of the Promise Land. After the glimpse, Moses passes away. But an incredible thing takes place. God buries Moses. The bible says, "So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord, and he buried him in the valley in the land of Moab oppisite Beth-peor; but no one knows the place of his burial to this day."

God highly honored Moses and his life by burying him, himself. Could you image a life that is so lived for God and His glory that He would personally bury you? Unbelievable! God might not bury us personally, but there will be a time where we will see God face to face and we have the potential of hearing the words, "Well, done my good and faithful servant."

I don't know about you, but I can live with those words. Therefore, if I desire those words to be uttered at my appearance before God, I need to be living with that intention and motivation. God, give us the strength and the wisdom through the Holy Spirit to live for you today, that we might please, obey, and bring you glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment