Thursday, March 11, 2010

WHEN YOUR TIRED

Today, for some reason I am extremely tired. Maybe it was the lack of sleep, coupled with the weather and it being Thursday; I don't know, but do know that I am tired. So, what happens in life when we are tired? What should we do? Well, I don't want to sound cliche-ish, but what did Jesus do? He withdrew. He got away and spent time with the Father. Mark 1:35, "And rising very early in the morning while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed."

Jesus got alone with the Father to energize his spiritual and physical battery. And remember that temptation usually become more forceful during the times when you are drained and wore out. So, it is imperative that we withdraw and have some S and S. Silence and Solitude. But I would not only say we need Silence and Solitude, but we need R and R. Rest and Reflection. God gave us this day when He instituted the Sabbath. This is a day where we can Rest and Reflect and worship Him. Having S and S and R and R, will help us through those times in life when we are tired and wore out.

The last thing I will say, is that no matter how wore out we get here, we have a eternity to rest in the presence of our Great God and Savior. We have something worth looking forward to. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment